Wildland Firefighter Foundation
Wildland Firefighter Foundation
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Options for Mobile, Cell Phone, PDA Users

Quote Originally Posted by originalab View Post
    Tapatalk was updated to the newest version today.
    Still having issues logging in - "Fail to connect to forum... please contact administrator...."

Post Thanks / Like

Running purchased version of Tapatalk HD for the first time on an iPad. I searched for hotlist and found Wildlandfire Hotlist ok. When I selected this selection I get a dialog box stating "Cannot connect to forum. This forum is either restricting access from Tapatalk HD or the installed Tapatalk hT plugin is not working. Please contact your forum administrator."

Other forums I use seem to work fine, just hotlist is balking.

What is the next step?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Option for Mobile, Cell Phone, PDA Users

The prior posts here refer to the forums prior to the upgrade and move to the new server. I have been evaluating whether we want to continue with the TapaTalk app or go with the free mobile version that comes with the v/bulletin package. I was leaning towards the v/b mobile suite, but discovered today that the moderation capabilities are basically limited to deleting posts.

I have received around 5-6 inquiries on Tapatalk, if there is enough interest and desire in it, I think I'm ok installing it again. You can try the current installed mobile style by going to the very bottom left of each page and using the dropdown list to click on the Default Mobile Style. It is free.

Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE reinstall tapatalk - it is VERY much easier to use mobile, and uses far less data time (and we all know what it's like when you get on a fire... data is soooooo reliable!)

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Please get tapatalk going again! Great app that I've paid for strictly to easily access this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Due to popular demand, I just re-installed the Tap Talk option for mobile devices for the forums here. Many folks will see the "notice' when coming on here via a mobile device. I'll let that notice run for a while, then perhaps shut it down, it seems a little annoying to me.

Thanks for the feedback. Although not many posts here, my mailbox was getting a workout on the subject.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for getting TapaTalk back up and running.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for tapatalk option. I feel like I am back in on the forum. Appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Tapatalk was updated this morning at around 0615. Please let me know here if there are any problems with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Tapatalk version 4.3 was installed this morning. If you are a Tapatalk user, please check the version on your mobile units and upgrade to the latest product version.

One bug they allegedly have fixed is the one that shows Tapatalk users as one of the Currently Active Users/users online at the bottom of the Forum home page, when actually, the members may not have been online for an extended period of time.

One issue with that problem, other than just being plain irritating to see each morning, is if another member saw them as being "online", sent them a private message and expected a quick reply, they would probably be out of luck.

We'll be watching...